Secure Digital Card Manager
TargetSD™, Blunk Microsystems' Secure Digital Card Manager / Driver layer, includes the following features:
- Supports all commercially available SD cards.
- Provides the read_sector()/write_sector() interface to TargetFAT™, Blunk Microsystems' embedded DOS/Win-compatible file system.
- Manages Secure Digital cards for TargetFAT: automatically detects card insertion, checks
card size, type, and support of special features, and adds volume to TargetFAT. Automatically
detects and handles card removal, removing the volume from TargetFAT.
- Supports the High Capacity (>= 2 GB) and High Speed (50 MHz) special options.
- Maximum card size is 2 TB (terabytes) for high capacity cards, 2 GB (gigabytes) for standard cards.
- Application layer announcement is made when cards are inserted or removed.
- Fast table-driven CRC calculation for data integrity and high performance.
- Timeouts and retries are automatically performed as necessary in response to CRC and other
- Supports SPI channels using a simple documented driver interface. Several sample drivers
- Sectors are pre-erased before they are written, for highest performance.
- Supports MMC and SD cards, both partitioned and non-partitioned volumes.
- Provides sdStats() call, which displays the number of command retries, read retries, CRC errors, card controller errors, and other statistics.
- Optionally displays contents of the Card Identification, Card Specific Data, and Configuration registers after card insertion; showing manufacturer ID, card version, serial number, date of manufacture, supported access time, transfer speed, and bus width, special features, etc.
- Source code is 100% ANSI C and has been tested using ANSI C compilers from GNU and
- Developed using TargetOS™, Blunk Microsystems’ full-featured royalty-free real time operating system. Easily ported to other operating systems or used polled mode, without a kernel. Per-socket access semaphores allow sharing SPI channel with other devices.
- Royalty-free Platform License. Includes source code, user's manual, sample applications, and one year of technical support.